As The Ferret is a cooperative, our members are also part owners of the project.
To help everyone understand how the business is performing, and how it works, we do our best to be as transparent as possible.
You can find:
- Our accounts on the Financial Conduct Authority website.
- A series of three dashboards that update daily showing information on our membership, user engagement and web traffic.
- Details of all the funding organisations that have ever given us a grant.
- Comment and feedback on story ideas posted by our readers to https://ideas.theferret.scot
- View our website roadmap and vote or comment on ideas (free Trello account needed).
- A live dashboard showing how many people have engaged with Scottish news media pages on Facebook over the last 7 days, including The Ferret.
- All the complaint determinations from our independent regulator, Impress.
Below you can find details of the twenty most read stories over the last 30 days, and the way that people found our website.
Top stories – last 30 days
|The Ferret | Good journalism changes things||8,442|
|FFS explains: Can Covid-19 vaccine affect menstrual cycles?||4,498|
|Claim of multiple Scots dead from Covid-19 vaccine Half True||4,208|
|Power & Influence: Top 10 Most influential people in Scotland||4,181|
|Ten Scottish Newspapers are owned by three billionaires||3,913|
|Drinks giants, fashion tycoons, and the world's richest man: who owns Scotland's whisky?||3,085|
|Windfall: a third of big wind farms linked to tax havens||2,943|
|Claim Scots have lower immunity to Covid-19 Mostly True||2,813|
|Lobbying loophole: How big business influences Scottish ministers without scrutiny||2,670|
|Meet the quango class: people who serve on the boards of Scotland’s public bodies||2,087|
|The ten beaches in Scotland where swimming could damage your health||1,961|
|Fact check: Claim about Neil Ferguson's Covid-19 predictions||1,955|
|Investigation launched into footage of lice infested salmon||1,804|
|Trump lawyers ‘flood of complaints’ to stop Aberdeenshire golf course losing conservation status||1,789|
|‘Open sewers’: 25 Scottish beaches contaminated by faeces||1,754|
|Who Runs Scotland | The Ferret||1,600|
|‘Devastating’ nuclear accident risks kept under wraps||1,583|
|Covid-19 graphic shared by John Swinney is Mostly False||1,547|
Top traffic sources – last 30 days
|google / organic||42,480|
|(direct) / (none)||17,204|
|t.co / referral||15,507|
|ActiveCampaign / email||8,632|
|m.facebook.com / referral||7,525|
|webpushr / push||4,166|
|rss / twitter||3,503|
|news.google.com / referral||2,084|
|bing / organic||1,940|
|l.facebook.com / referral||1,229|
|duckduckgo / organic||1,191|
|theferret.chargebee.com / referral||860|
|philmacgiollabhain.ie / referral||479|
|linkedin.com / referral||422|
|June 2021 Scot mem news / email||406|
|yahoo / organic||321|
|ecosia.org / organic||304|
|c.newsnow.co.uk / referral||245|
|push / (not set)||224|
|lallandspeatworrier.blogspot.com / referral||115|